Moving Heads

Hello.

I've used moving heads in shows when I need multiple specials, etc; and I also know that they are used when you want the light to move or the moving head to look good. Are there any other uses of moving heads (in the industry, not just to try to avoid access to a rig in schools).

Are there any other uses of moving heads

yep,its something else for the local crew to whinge about when you turn up with half a dozen that need to be flown and there bars don't fly in.There also pretty handy for blinding tje sound hounds during sound check,they move you move the head :rolleyes: There also pretty handy when you need multiple colours and gobos but haven't the room or budget for 27 profiles ,scrollers and gobo rotators

Alot more flexible when busking lx for music gigs. wash lights allow for millions of colours and positions without having to hear the music/actually design lx before hand. The profiles give lots of fx, as well as gobos etc.

also to add that I do put more effort in than this sounded like after reading it back :rolleyes: We have a number of movers to assist with smaller music gigs but we mix with conventionals as well.

@themadhippy

You also forgot to mention their innate ability to seriously upset the Vidiots during the screen line up. Point them all at the screen and strobe 'em (in open white of course)... Watch the veins start pulsing on the vidiots temple...

I usually have a pallette marked 'Screens' for just such fun and japery :)

Cheers

Smiffy

At our school we have fallen in love with Moving Lights that have more than one gobo wheel. Not many of us knew this, but you can combine the two gobo wheels to make some fairly awesome effects.

Also they are good for colours - If you have a colour wheel these will be fairly limited but gives you mostly what you want, however if you have CMY (cyan, magenta, yellow) filters then you can do virtually any colour you could possibly ever need.

Dan

Wow!! - I didnt know that Dan! Thats epic!! What would be REALLY cool is if you could get a 3 way prism and see the image in triplicate AND it rotates!

** laughs out loud ** - sorry for the sarcasm.

Moving lights are also very handy for stupid clients who have no idea about production and you say to them 'wouldnt it look great to have your company logos panning around the room slowly while the guests are having their pre-dinner drinks!'.

- Oh yes, but what about the coloured bits?'

-'No problem - we can get coloured glass patterns made'

-' Brilliant, can we have 6?'

Hehe, more money on the invoice!!! Simple stuff , but they think it looks great and the following year they went twice as much!!

Archived