Dentist chair

WolvesAndi

Hello all, working littleshop of horrors and looking for a dentist chair, anybody got any ideas or has one we can borrow ? Cheers andi

Have just done the show. I have one, but in Cambridge. So if you can collect it, I'm sure we can agree a reasonable 'donation'. If you PM me with your e-mail address I can send you some pictures, or look here.

It's a real dentist chair which we cannibalised so that it's just the padded part of the chair on a basic timber base on wheels. The original complete chair was insanely heavy! Somewhere we also still have the drill attachment and cables.

When my kids' school did it, we improvised. "reclining chair", black vinyl covered, from a charity shop. Cost nothing - they were happy for us to take it away! Took the arms off, just leaving seat, back, footrest.

Stuck it in the middle of a very "bare" set - movable "hospital-style" wheeled cloth screens, some posters from a dentist surgery and fairly harsh lighting. Complete contrast from the previous scene.

Worked fine, for virtually no budget.

Having designed the set and lighting for 2 separate productions, I would definitely go for a simple, mocked up wooden chair.

A real dentists chair is extremely heavy. For the first production I designed someone obtained a real dentists chair. Almost impossible to move.

Cheers

Gerry

Prosceneium have a real dentist's chair along with good versions of Audrey 2's, body parts, etc. The dentist's chair is obscenely heavy though, as others have highlighted!

Have a look at their website www.prosceneium.co.uk

Archived