blue

martin-iow

Is this a stationary effect or will the 'blue' actor move around etc? I don't know the budget or set up etc but if he's going to be still it's probably easiest just to get a lantern or two tightly focused in a blue on him as downlight to colour - of course if he's moving then I haven't a clue..

- GKW

charlie and the chocolate factory?

what a guess, any thoughts

This might not work, but a follow spot with a blue gel? Enables him to move at will too, assuming you have a decent spot OP.

Just have to be careful if anyone walks in front of him/her and cuts off the light path... Easy enough to direct against I suppose but then again, who knows with kids :P

If the actor is stationary and can hit their mark then, as has already been said, focus a couple of fixtures on that point. If the actor is moving then you could try using a follow spot but it would have to be fairly powerful to cut through with a blue gel.

Alternatively you could try using some UV fluorescent tubes (or a UV cannon with shutter) and soak the actors clothes in UV reactive paint. Have an experiment and see what works best.

(OK so I should type faster and not make a pot of tea halfway through posting!)

If the actor is stationary and can hit their mark then, as has already been said, focus a couple of fixtures on that point. If the actor is moving then you could try using a follow spot but it would have to be fairly powerful to cut through with a blue gel.

Alternatively you could try using some UV fluorescent tubes (or a UV cannon with shutter) and soak the actors clothes in UV reactive paint. Have an experiment and see what works best.

(OK so I should type faster and not make a pot of tea halfway through posting!)

The UV light is a good idea, but that might have ramifications for any other white costumes, or even white shoelaces. Nevertheless it'd probably work well. Would you be able to use any UV reactive face paint also? That might make the change even more noticeable.

Do you have a follow spot?

If you havent got one, they are easy enough to get,

But remember the darker the color, the brighter the light needs to be

So the bigger the better.

hi all

just a quick 1 how can I make someone turn blue on stage at a school production. but it can only be them

needs to be a quick change and look good, only other thing is cost

Archived