Sound Software

Dick The Cabin Boy

Afternoon Boys and Girls...

I need some advice from one of you noise boys...The venue I'm working in has just upgraded it's equipment and purchased a very nice PC to run the show tracks from. On the PC is PCDJPro which is fantastic for loading and playing tracks without having to rummage through piles and piles of Mini Discs every five minutes. :P

Problem is that they now want to take the minidisc player away. This would be fine if it weren't for the fact that I need the Hotstart capabilities. :** laughs out loud **: Does anyone know of any software (preferably share or free) that will let me load and play multiple tracks at the stroke of a key??

Cheers

Dick

Why do they want to take the MD player away? Is it ear-marked for installation elsewhere? Or do they think that just because you've got the spanky new PC you don't need it any more?

Try your best to keep hold of it. If you don't you can bet your boots that as soon as it's gone, a visiting company will turn up with all their sound cues on MiniDisc .... :** laughs out loud **:

Tell Me about it!!

I've been beggin to cling on to it but the management types are having none of it. Basically they have justified the purchase of the new PC by removing the MD player...good chance it will be installed elsewhere too!!

As for visiting companies I can pretty much gaurantee we won't suffer from that little problem...without wanting to give to much away the venue is a hotel and the same cast and crew work there 365 days a year

Could you get them to replace it with a fairly bog standard home stereo type minidisc deck? You can pick them up for around £100 on Unbeatable.co.uk - the one I bought a year ago even had auto pause and optical in (Sony MDS-JE330, although they've stopped making it now) The only model that they stock with Auto Pause at the moment is the MDS-JB980 - £210ish

Other than that, I saw some DJ software online somewhere a couple of years ago which was designed for Radio DJs to be able to play jingles over music tracks, from keyboard presses. Its called DRS 2006. You can download it from Download.com but its 17.4mb.

Hope this helps

Peter

Basically they have justified the purchase of the new PC by removing the MD player...

so whats the managment going to do when 5 minutes before curtain up the new wonderfull pc system decides to go tits up?surley if olny for an emergancy back up the minidisc player needs to stay

I've had more than reasonable results from Soundplant in the past.

It does more than what you want and is Freeware as well (and only 2.27Mb)

If the author is out there anywhere it is an excelent product. :rolleyes:

James

Archived