Rack mounting options for amplifiers?

rooftop

Just pondering the best way to rack mount a set of amps in a permanent install...

About 14U tall, but the problem is the amps are 520mm deep, plus extra space required for speakon cables at rear.

Ideally, it would be wall mounted, but I haven't come across a wall mount rack with enough depth which also hinges open to allow access to the rear of the amps.

Any bright ideas?

Sorry, but why wall mounted? 14U of amplifiers may be heavy enough to pull the wall down!! You may also get problems of over-heating, unless I have missed something.

I'm trying to find the neatest way of permanently installing, hence wall mount where all the cabling can be run in neatly. But I'm not hell bent on wall mount if there's a better alternative.

The weight will be about 60kg

Overheating -possibly, but the amps have air flow inlet on back to exhaust on front, so therefore the only concern is allowing adequate fresh air into the back of the rack

I'd be pretty worried about trying to hinge 60+ kilograms off a wall.

If it was me, I'd put large, heavy duty castors on the base of a suitable rack and just loom up the cables nice and neatly so the rack could go flush to the wall normally but be pulled out as required.

BRYANT do castor kits for their flat pack series of racks.

Bob

I wouldnt fancy wall mounting them either but a server style solution seems like it could work and you could get some extra kit in depending on where it will be located perhaps

http://www.allchurchsound.com/projects/WA552/WA552-12.JPG

Archived