Radio pick-up

soundspider

Hi,

I'm having trouble with a church PA system - its picking up local radio.  Its an InterM mixer amp feeding microlyte speakers, and the problem seems to be the Audio Technica PRO47T pulpit microphone - when this is turned off, there's no radio, when its on, its faint but audible.  Any ideas whats causing it or, more importantly, how to get rid of it?

Thanks

Alan

I had a similar issue, but could be slightly different to your situation. The left side of my PA was picking up a radio station, even with the XLR inputs disconnected! I flicked the hearing aid loop off and all was normal again.

I flicked the hearing aid loop off and all was normal again.

Except for those people who rely on the loop to feel a part of what is going on!

RF pickup is usually down to poor screening/earthing of your inputs. Start by checking that the the mic is wired balanced all the way through and that the screen on your mic cable is connected at both ends.

Except for those people who rely on the loop to feel a part of what is going on!

Unfortunatly this was a downside in this situation, but if you have better alternatives, I'd love a better way to get rid of the noise! :rolleyes:

I'd second (or third) the idea of checking/swapping the XLR from the offending mic as a first, quick possible solution.

If that doesn't work though, you're in for some methodical detective work to find the actual problem. Fortunately, this is a recurrent question and has been done before here on the Blue Room. Have a read through THIS and THIS. Something in there will probably help!

Bob

Archived