Sennheiser G2 312

Trunker

I am looking to get another 4 312 G2 Sennheiser radio mics. Does anybody know of any place selling these off cheaper now that the G3's have come in? These are needed for tempory fix, until my company switches completly over to G3. So, if your company can give a me a good deal on the G2's, I will remember you for next year when we will be buying 12 - 16 Sennheiser 312 G3's. :-)

Looking forward to replies.

None, it's the same on the RF side and the AF side, it's just the functionality and features that change. With the 100 series you only get so many banks of frequencies. Of course any frequency within the full range is accessible but you sometimes need to do manual tuning rather than BANK and CHANNEL selection. Single colour display, so they don't go red under different functions like low battery, AF peak, MUTE, and other things.

Erm.... Beltpacks don't have the charging contacts on the side if you use that feature. There's a chance they can't work with the NET 1 system, though I can't remember.

Not sure what else. The bi colour display swayed it for me to go for 300's and 500's for the most part (although since then I've bought lots and lots of 100's aswell).

G2 stock is now very thin on the ground... Sennheiser (UK) sold out a good while back so its down to whoever has stock in their warehouse.

I know this ;) that's why I posted this hoping that it will come up trumps!

And, according to my e-mail this afternoon from Chris, it appears parts for the g2 are no longer manufactured. Very useful that.

Oh great!!! By the looks of it then, they want us all to switch our stock to G3. Can we get a grant please? :rolleyes:

By the looks of it then, they want us all to switch our stock to G3. Can we get a grant please?

Or a even larger amount of money to get 2000 series ones that can tune to channel 38 (assuming you are in a part of the country where the radio astronomers aren't still using that channel mutter mutter Cambridge mutter mutter.

And, according to my e-mail this afternoon from Chris, it appears parts for the g2 are no longer manufactured. Very useful that.

:rolleyes: What? NOT TRUE!!!

Spare Parts for G2 are still available. If by 'parts' you mean accesories such as ASP 2 etc, then yes they are, like the radio mics themselves, discontinued. Spare parts support normally continues for a t least five years.

PM's will follow!

Archived