Fohhn - RT and RS series...tech spec?

Alex222

Hi, I have been looking through the BlueRoom and not found anything, same from google!

I am after the spec for Fohhn RT-6 and Fohhn RS-4.

Fohhn's own website also does not have any information on these models anymore, uh!

Also any reviews from past users of these cabinets would be welcome:

Application will be full live band (indie /alternative) + Dj (ahh) for between bands. Crowd of 500+. Room; theatre venue with standing room at the front + raked seating behind that.

Many thanks.

(please remove if there is already a topic with the information I require - I couldn't find it though)

I'm sure Steve Robb from Live Systems has these in his hire stock... oh hang on your in Edinburgh so you'll probably already know that.

I've hired a few different Fohhn rigs and have never been dissapointed, haven't used the RT-6/ RS-4 combo yet but I did do a 500+ capacity vault with an Xperience 3 rig. I'm sure somebody will know what their coverage is. Certainly the XP1,2,3 stuff is excellent not as clean as D&B but for some gigs it needs less tweaking to get the right sound.

I'm sure Steve Robb from Live Systems has these in his hire stock... oh hang on your in Edinburgh so you'll probably already know that.

I've hired a few different Fohhn rigs and have never been dissapointed, haven't used the RT-6/ RS-4 combo yet but I did do a 500+ capacity vault with an Xperience 3 rig. I'm sure somebody will know what their coverage is. Certainly the XP1,2,3 stuff is excellent not as clean as D&B but for some gigs it needs less tweaking to get the right sound.

Yep, thats why I was asking as I saw LS had them in as their hire stock, at competitive prices I must say - never heard fohnn systems personally so after a few opinions on the speakers.

Was just looking to do my research on the system data before I ask any specific questions.

I found an old thread on here saying fohhn gear does need a bit of extra tweaking compared to the likes of D&B, shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Alex.

(edit to add a word)

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

I have now found the spec of the speakers!

If anybody else want's them in the future I will store them somewhere safe!

Alex.

Yup, Steve has a ton of Fohhn gear, he's the man to talk to. I've heard Fohhn a couple of times and been amazed. Fantastic boxes for the price, easily compare to D&B (except Fohhn sounds a little less clinical.) Easy to use, sounds great, efficient, compact and relatively rider acceptable, what more could you ask for?

Cheers

Adam

Very nice boxes. If anything they need less tweaking than D&B, very easy to get a good sound out of them. Heavy, but then they are a bit older. If you email Steve I'm sure he'll be more than happy to offer you a demo down the warehouse, you won't be dissapointed!

The Live Systems kit's also in good nick and you get a good service. All in all, reccomended.

adamski1010 / mr_towers / smalljoshua

Thanks very much for the info, all very helpful!

I will indeed give Live Systems a call and see if I can get a demo, time isn't critical as the event wont be until June - however I don't want to leave it last min!

Also the fact that the box's don't sound to clinical is something I like the idea of.

Many thanks.

Alex.

I've used the Fohhn XT-5s with the XS-4 sub.

The XT5's were fantastic. I was actually engineering a local band who I have done sound for the past few times when using them. They normally sound pap, the Fohhn's nearly made them sound good!!

I was less impressed with the XS-4. What came out of it was nice but it didn't put out a great deal of SPL for two subs.

I've not heard the RS series unfortunately, but it's an opinion of some Fohhn gear...

At that price bracket though - there are a lot of good options...

Did somebody call???

Yes, we would be more than happy to arrange a demo for you, Alex. Just give us a call to arrange a suitable time.

The Roadline range has now been retired - which is why you have been finding it difficult to find the specs - but our customers still love it and it suits so many events that we are still using it.

Look forward to hearing from you at some point.

Steve

Did somebody call???

It seems I have!, I was recommended the Fohhn RT-6 + RS-4 combo as a system to hire by somebody for an event, forgot who they said supplied it but.. seems it must of been you guys!

I will be in contact soon, just got to get a few more details about the event!

Thanks,

Alex.

Archived