Batteries: Procell vs duracell plus

mozart999uk

Hi.

Are duracell procells the same spec as the consumer "plus" batteries?

I'm using plus's in a couple of trantec 4.4s and they don't seem to last that long. Are the procells any better or are they just re-packaged for the commercial market?

Cheers

Matthew

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive only ever used procell for mics because of the reviews given about them. It now seems to be 'Industry Standard' to use procell but of course, there are people who use other brands. The only other brand that I've used are GP as my school bought aload before I could recomend Procell. They seemed pretty perthetic compared to procell, im not sure which type they were, but they were pp3 (9V).

So I supose ther're not the only brand ive used! :)

As far as I know, Procells are exactly the same battery as standard Duracells, just with different printing and packaging for the industrial/professional market.

If not, I was told the wrong thing many years ago and have been spouting it ever since!

Bob

not sure capacity wise, but internal construction is the same as I took a load apart for some pp3 battery torches I made recently, both have the same 6xAAAA (4A) batteries inside them, as do the old procell ones (ones with black base as well as head) also the internal batteries look the same between the procell & duracell plus.

my 2p

Regards,

Ben Wainwright

I've still got some Trantec 4000 series (4000,4.Xs) and Battery life on a procell is quite long - 6.30pm on, 10pm off no problem twice - and on a good day, maybe a third too, but that's not reliable enough to do - but 7hrs in total seems easy - with probably 9-10 being the practical total.

That sounds pretty much like what we got recently from our S4000s and Procell PP3s on the christmas show....

going back a year or three, when I was in charge of battery buying we always used Procell apart from one show a few years ago using Varta, but we would often not get a complete second performance out of them, which persuaded me to go back to Procell....that was the extent of the "scientific" research we did into the subject!

• 3 years later...

Here's the official blurb on it that we put on our listings:

They are technically identical to the consumer versions, however they are branded and packed differently. They are not available through retail consumer outlets, which helps reduce stock losses due to pilferage, especially for larger organisations. Distribution is only through a limited range of industrial distributors. The batteries are packed and sold in carton quantities. Cartons are cardboard, and batteries are not individually wrapped or sealed. This packaging is more economical than blister packs, so prices are lower than for the blister-packed Duracell consumer range.

The Duracells and the Procells have historically been the same, but this may not be the case in the future as some manufacturing is currently moving, dependent on which products they are, and may no longer be made in the same factories anymore. Any differences will obviously be minor, but there may be some.

The current Procell branding will also be replaced.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, if one looks at the above linked data sheets for all four battery brands of Duracell (Procell, Ultra Power, PlusPower, and Simply) you will see they are all identical, even the discharge graphs are the same !!

Archived