martin magnum 2000

benn

Hello!

I have just bought a Martin Magnum 2000, which has the extra remote that can do timer and record a sequence into the non volitile memory inside the machine.

Unfortunatly I have no idea how to erase the memory inside the machine or to turn off this automatic smoking function.

The machine - from reaching operating temp lets out small one second burts of smoke every two seconds,

Who can help me sort this (probably very easy to solve) problem? :)

I intend to call martin tomorrow to see if they can sort it. There will be pics to follow soon

To reset the timer, turn the machine on (insert the remote) then press and hold the timer store button on the remote for more than 5 seconds (it says 5 but 10 is a good place to be).

If this STILL does not reset the timer than you may have a faulty remote.

Can you control the output level from the remote?

Hello!

Thankyou for your reply, did I call you earlier? (I called martin uk earlier and the guy I spoke to was really good, cannot for the life of me remember his name though)

I have done this - as it was warming up and while it was fogging out. There are 4 buttons in total on the remote (from right to left)

| fog | standby/on | X8 | Timer on |

I have managed to make it fog on demand without it doing the 1second bursts, and while I do this I can alter the amount of smoke it makes.

have a look at the pictures and see if you know it?

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4660/p3280074.jpg

and an overall view http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1985/p3280072l.jpg

Cheers-Ben

Benn,

You seem to have a different remote to the machine. In fact, from the sounds of it, it could be from a ZR22(?) or another Martin smoke machine - I have what sounds like the same remote.

In this remote, I tend to turn the machine on (Standy button), ram the output dial to full, then hold the fog button AND the standy button for about 8 seconds, then let go - this turns the machine off.

Then bring the output dial to 0 and then turn the machine back on. This works for me as I don't get crazy smoke outputs after the output is turned past half way.

This may however not work for you, I don't know...

Sir;

This may have been what I have done (after randomly pressing button, hopeing, and it actually working)

I shall try this and update the results tomorrow, I may buy a new remote for it, but I might get a DMX board,

Thankyou for your input

We have recently replaced a Magnum 2000 remote with the DMX interface.

The remote did tend to have a mind of its own sometimes, and the 5 second reset was by no means 100% reliable.

If you have to buy a new remote, you may as well pay the little extra to get the DMX interface. Much more reliable and obviously far superior in being able to run off the LX desk rather than having to run a separate cable and find somewhere for the remote.

It uses one DMX channel and is a good idea to create several scenes on the desk for different % levels from trickle smoke to "full on"

Hi guys,

You definitely have the wrong remote for the Magnum 2000.

It is indeed from a ZR22/ZR33 and is NOT compatible with the Magnum 2000.

You could, actually, kill your main pcb using this remote.

The 2000 uses a completely different protocol (voltages etc) to control the machine and some of the workings are split between the remote and the main pcb.

The ZR22/ZR33 uses a different control system housed entirely in the remote....

The Magnum 2000 was designed 15 years ago and is the only machine we still do that is radically different in operation to the rest of our ranges....

BEWARE THE LIVE HEATSINK!!!!

Hi guys,

You could, actually, kill your main pcb using this remote.

The 2000 uses a completely different protocol (voltages etc) to control the machine and some of the workings are split between the remote and the main pcb.

Interesting comment SmokeMan.

I've used the ZR22 remote for just over 4 years with our Magnum 2000 - usually 4 nights a week. I've never ever had any problems with this set-up - the only thing I don't do it turn the smoke output dial passed 50% otherwise it goes into full output with no control what-so-ever until you do the reset. You still get full output at 50% though on the dial. But still, that little piece of info is interesting to know.

The Magnum we've had for over 6 years and it's the best machine I've used. It's never ever let me down.

Sorry it's taken me ages to reply, I think I'm going to buy an original new magnum 2000 remote and use that. I can always sell it on eBay and get a DMX controller in the future

Archived