STOLEN KIT

After I had a lot of kit lifted I wondered whether something like Tracker or Trackstar or other vehicle technology could be adapted to detect vibration and actually transmit a signal. OR as my firms vehicles have- a GPS/ mobile phone based tracker and data gatherer. Whenever a vehicle is switched on or moved the head office big screen twitches into life. Ten trackers in the flightcases would send you data if they were moved then you would have a direct link to the place where the cases were.

Is there still a youtube vid of how to crack a Kensington lock? Supposedly it took less than a minute to open the lock without doing all combinations or cutting it.

Hi All,

Just a small update.

It has been brought to my attention that The Wintergardens have raised objections regarding my earlier posts on this site, namely suggesting that some of these comments may be unsubstantiated and/or libellous.

I would like to clarify my comments as follows:

Any references to any recent thefts are as a result of a direct professional relationship with those who suffered losses.

My comment regarding the Venue 'not having a problem with theft' should maybe be clarified to 'this venue has no occurrences of theft'

I just wanted to make all of the above as clear as possible.

As I suggested in my postings - this whole thread merely serves to alert others to my loss and to hopefully lead to the successful recovery of the lost item.

I can confirm that the venue have made all reasonable attempts to assist the police regarding this matter, for which we are grateful.

The venue can say whatever they like but as Pete said, if kit is being supplyed for an event - and the venue is responsible for security of kit once the room is empty - and thefts occur, then its their responsibility.

Im sure things would move more swiftly if it was in-house kit going missing as well . . . ..

Or to just rip it out from the unit itself. As I've had to prove when unlocking my show laptop from a desk after forgetting the code, most of the lock points aren't that secure.
It's a possibility Josh, but it looks a little bit suspect if you want to sell it on after nicking it. I think they're ususally supposed to be part of the chassis, but obviously that will be fairly thin and lightweight.

It's a possibility Josh, but it looks a little bit suspect if you want to sell it on after nicking it. I think they're ususally supposed to be part of the chassis, but obviously that will be fairly thin and lightweight.

I've always been of the impression that the Kensington point is a deterrent, as opposed to a completely secure attachment, and that often the lock points were designed to cause significant and noticable damage to the equipment if forcibly removed, as opposed to be robust enough to stop it.

Archived