Showtec Scanmaster 2

pnordhus

Is there any way to reset my scanmaster 2 to factory resets? Or do anyone know how it I can change the startup message in the lcd display at start?

I got it when my local disco closed down, and it seems like its running auto programs on the light. Tried to delete the programs but didnt work, so if its possible to reset to factory settings I want to try that.

Cant find anything in the manual about either resets or the writing in the display. But the ppl that had it before the disco wrote "DJ MIIK BY FENS" and the text is there for around 2-3 sec.

AS far as I know, the startup message is in Eprom, they may have modified the Eprom on a programmer in which case you're stuck with it.

To do a factory reset (which wont erase the startup message) you turn the power off, hold down PROGRAM and BANK DOWN and turn the power on, release the buttons once the startup has finished. Power off, hold MODE and AUTO/DEL buttons down, turn the power on again, all the LEDs should flash a couple of times, then the desk is reset.

The first stage resets the programmes and the second resets the channel attributes.

or this is from the manual.

turn power off. press scanner 6 and 12 buttons at the same time. turn on the power whilst holding down these two buttons. Then release buttons.

Tapscanner 6 or 12 buttons to move cursor left or right.

tap the bank up / down buttons to scroll through the characters.

maximum of 16 characters in two rows. when finished press scenner 6 and 12 buttons to stor new characters into memory, all led's will flash breifly,Job done.

or this is from the manual.

And my method was from ours...

I didnt make up those instructions!

Our Showtec SCanmaster 2 doesnt have this facility. Maybe they've had a firmware upgrade since we had ours, its around 5 years old.

PS

Ours is a scanmaster 2 as the OP mentions, with pan/tilt wheels.

Flicking through the manuals the type with adjustable welcome message is a scanmaster 2/II which has a large black joystick and is a different beast.

Scanmaster 2

http://www.highlite.nl/var/StorageHighlite/ProduktBilder/50377.jpg

Scanmaster 2/II

http://www.showandstage.de/images/product_images/popup_images/2463_0.jpg

I assume the OP must have a Scanmaster 2/II, not a scanmaster 2?

mine is the transencion DMX/Y operator . but it is exactly the same layout as the scanmaster 2. They also both suffer with the same defect, and that is that after time (about 1 year) the cross fade function dissapears. the slider still shows the values in the display, but the actual function doesn't happen.

I would try using different scanner pairs across from each other ie 1-7. etc it should be the same eeprom so it should work.

Got a Scanmaster 2 with wheels, managed to change the display message and delete all programs and channel attributes. But it didnt solve my problem, seems like the lightboard dosent send out a DMX signal and the lights do whatever they want...

Archived