50 Meter BNC Multicore

Im wondering if anyone can help me I have a 5 way 50 meter BNC multicore.

I would like to know if it is possible to connect a BNC to Composite connector onto one of the bnc connections and the same at the other end then plug say a camera into it and then the other end into a projectors composite port would this work.

My other question is will a 5 way BNC to VGA cable on both ends of the cable work connected from a Laptop to a Projector.

Hope ive said enough and someone can help

Many Thanks 

Im wondering if anyone can help me I have a 5 way 50 meter BNC multicore.

I would like to know if it is possible to connect a BNC to Composite connector onto one of the bnc connections and the same at the other end then plug say a camera into it and then the other end into a projectors composite port would this work.

Yes

My other question is will a 5 way BNC to VGA cable on both ends of the cable work connected from a Laptop to a Projector.

Hmm, maybe.

Depends greatly on the quality and construction of the multicore cable. The chances are it will work but not particularly well.

Cheers,

Peter

Hi thanks for the reply the multicore is good quality as far as I know. I bought it from a television company it doesn't need to be amazing quality I suppose. The main use will be backstage to FOH video and feeds from other various cameras using Bnc to composite so as long that works all is good.

Thanks 

if anyone else has some more info on BNC etc that would be great.

Hi basically my concern is that if say I use 3 connections for cameras to me then the other 2 for sending as signal from me to a couple of video screens all using composite will it work. I should have asked this first sorry for not being clear I suppose I was trying to explain the setup.

Another question would be I have a mac book pro and want to convert VGA to composite to send down the bnc what's the cheapest way to do this.

Thanks 

yes that will work

you need a scanconverter for your macbook pro. AVTool box do a little one that is OK for about 60 quid, its fine as long as you just want a fullscreen conversion. TVOne do a range of better converters which have more features like being able to zoom in / crop your VGA output, they start at about 300 quid. Folsom Image Pro is the AV industry standard scanconverter - it does a lot more than you need and costs more than you'd like to imagine.

???

As do Extron, Analogway, Edirol and a load of others too.

The Folsom Image Pro is still the industry standard and has been since Sony discontinued the DSC1024.

In my experience TVOne offer better quality / value ratio than Kramer or Extron. I've used their products for many years (since they were called vine micros) and have found them to be reliable and affordable as well as having good quality scaling. Hence the recommendation.