Wireless

Luke

http://www.dolpyn.com/images/transmit.gif

I got thinking. I want to implement this into something different, but I wanna try something simple first. Thus, the lightbulb. I saw somewhere that you can use a cheap remote controlled car, which I can understand. But how? Any help would be great.

Not necessarily a radio control car but you can buy 'keyfobs' which are radio contolled remote swiches. Have a look here...

Maplin and search for product code N87BN.

This will give you up to 3 switched output which can be used to drive other circuits.

The Maplin unit is great is you want switched outputs for resistive loads.

However, you mentioned future expansion.

What kind of thing are you wanting to drive? - inductive loads like motors are somewhat more complex than the purely resistive lightbulb, as the switchgear needs some protection to prevent arcing etc.

Not sure if that unit includes that.

also - one of the common frequencies used my these 'low power devices' is slap bang in the middle of a busy amateur band where they send all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff - at worst your pyros go off when you don't want, and at best, they dont go off at all because someone is running 400W or so and wiping out the signal totally.

paul

I did think of this, but I'm not one for knowing all the frequencies used in theatre and film. I guess I should stick to wires.

A random question, if you please;

I asked a friend if mobile phone signals can really interfere with the equipment, or if its just something they say to stop you using them. He came back with a long list of things that could potentially go wrong if a mobile phone is in the vincity of that item. Then he said that pyrotechnics could be set off, whether they're wired or wireless. How would this work if the pyro was using wires?

in Long cable runs, interference from mobile phones can be induced (basically like a big radio aerial). This generates a voltage int he cable, and theoretically can set off pyros. Although its pretty unlikely - the voltage induced is likely to be nowhere near enough to fire a pyro.

I did think of this, but I'm not one for knowing all the frequencies used in theatre and film. I guess I should stick to wires.

A random question, if you please;

I asked a friend if mobile phone signals can really interfere with the equipment, or if its just something they say to stop you using them. He came back with a long list of things that could potentially go wrong if a mobile phone is in the vincity of that item. Then he said that pyrotechnics could be set off, whether they're wired or wireless. How would this work if the pyro was using wires?

Luke

A mobile phone could theoretically set off a Pyro, but only if was placed within a few centimetres of it.

Brian

Archived