DTS Moon 575 broken??

Humey

We have a DTS Moon575 follow spot at the school I work in and on Friday it stopped working. I had it on at the start of rehearsal and I left for 30 secs, came back and it was off. At forst I believed it was the fuse but I can't get into the plug to check so I tried it with a few other power leads I have, still nothing. It won't actually switch on! Any help would be great as we need it for the upcoming show on 17th!!!

Probably the best plan will be to ask your technician, or failing that the person who did the last PAT test on it. Number one reason for anything like this suddenly stopping is that the map has gone, fuses are another obvious thing to check, and it's of course possible the actual socket it's plugged into is dead. Other than that, everything we suggest you might not be able to do. Why can't you get into the plug?

EDIT - Oops. You ARE the technician - I assumed you were the student - sorry!

The first step is to go here and download the user manual. At the bottom of page 8 you will see that there is a fuse mounted in the base of the lantern. Assuming the lamp is intact the fuse is the next thing to check.

Archived