Best/ cheepest Place to buy Leathermans

mac500

Guest lightnix

The best place to buy is probably from an authorised UK dealer. It may not be the cheapest way, but at least you can be sure that it will be a pukka product, fully covered by a UK warranty.

Beware of super-cheap deals, especially from Ebay, many of them are blunt, second hand ones and airport confiscations.

Here's a couple you can try...

Heinnie Haynes

leathermans.co.uk

shop4leatherman.co.uk

Guest lightnix

I'm not having a go, but it depends what you mean by "OK". I had a look at the above Ebay link and was immediately struck by the bit that said...

"...I've sold hundreds of Leatherman to UK customers and none have paid any import taxes or VAT on this item. But to further reduce (indeed, nearly eliminate) the likelihood of customs or VAT levy, the item is removed from the hugely oversized plastic "blister pack" package (which measures 40x25x5cm!) and shipped protected in a generic-looking package..."

So not only is it a grey import, without any kind of manufacturer's warranty, but the guy also seems to be actively encouraging tax evasion <_<

Apart from that, legitimate UK distributors and dealers invest (i.e. risk) several thousands of pounds of their own money in ordering, carrying, and marketing their stock. UK prices often appear high, but there can be no risk without reward and a profit must be made if a product is to survive in the market place. If you get people offering a product at a tiny profit, then it won't pay for anybody else to carry it and the product (regardless of how good it is) will be discontinued. A few rogue dealers will make a (very) few quid, a few customers will get a bargain and everyone else will lose out, including British businesses and their employees :(

Please try to bear that in mind, before being seduced by crazy prices.

[/LECTURE]

Just to start the argument I have 1 word

GERBER

I have had the same one for close on 14 years and it is still going strong!!! <_<

A perfectly valid argument, but one which has been done to death elsewhere on the forum - there's at leas one "Leatherman vs. Gerber" thread in existence somewhere on the site, so any debates of that nature should be conducted there.

This thread is called "Best/ cheepest Place to buy Leathermans" after all - not "Best/ cheepest Place to buy Leathermans or should I buy a Gerber instead", implying that the OP has already decided which one to buy, and now just needs info as to where to get one. :(

Just to start the argument I have 1 word

GERBER

I have had the same one for close on 14 years and it is still going strong!!! <_<

A perfectly valid argument, but one which has been done to death elsewhere on the forum - there's at leas one "Leatherman vs. Gerber" thread in existence somewhere on the site, so any debates of that nature should be conducted there.

This thread is called "Best/ cheepest Place to buy Leathermans" after all - not "Best/ cheepest Place to buy Leathermans or should I buy a Gerber instead", implying that the OP has already decided which one to buy, and now just needs info as to where to get one. :(

nice bit of moderating!

Archived