School sound system

MoleMan

I am aware that there is very little/no detail in the specification. I said that in the original post.

I have finally been given more detail in that they want something with 2 CD players, which I was already planning on, the ability to connect and MP3 player, again already prepared for when looking at desks, and as the only man working at the school is the caretaker, they would like it on a trolley to make it fully mobile.

I have learned very little/nothing from this, other than I need to either find, a most likely rather expensive, or make plans for a custom built trolley capable of taking the equipment, speakers and atleast a minimal amount of cabling and mics etc. Does anybody have any suggestions as to where I may find a trolley, that will look nice, remain secure, and yet not damage the quality of sound output from speakers that, if to remain secure, may have to be inside a cabinet with only a door to allow sound out.

As you're looking for dual CD players and MP3 capability, you may wish to have a look at this thread. We've just finished the annual drama festival and the CDMP-2600 was well used by several people who mostly found it very easy after a short tutorial. Of course you always get the odd panicker who can't manage anything, but I usually invite them to leave the control room so that I can get on with the job in hand.

The problem I find with schools is no matter what is decided as the original specification. At some time the someone will try to use it for a dico/party, an attempt will be made to use it for a musical in some way and kids rock band(s) will try to use it for a band night, or should that be banned nght :)

On the other hand I have supplied a Dennon PM 100 amp JBL contol 5's (bought used) a Dennon CD and freeport radio mic to a junor school, this has worked well as it is simlar to a hifi, so no operation problems, clearly is not very powefull so does not get used for jobs above its capacity

Something like these? Clicky

Yes, that actually looks quite good, and similar to what they want. However, I have put together a list of equiptment that is rather more substantial and versatile having more channels, a more powerful amp and four speakers, making it suitable for what would appear to be a full quality, fixed installation, and its all on a trolley with wheels so two of the speakers can be taken down from the wall and used on stands, for a similar price to set system a. All I'm waiting for now is the list to be approved and ordered by the school, hopefully in time for me to go set it up for them, and hopefully provide unstruction on the operation of everything, when I have a day off of school next week.

im curious how you are going to stop the speakers being overdriven when using just one pair?

I was under the impression that as it was a 4 channel amp, when only 2 channels were in use, the power from the other two channels would not be fed to the two that are in use. Do I need to change something before this is ordered, and the speakers are blown?

Archived