AVD Multiplay

Lamplighter

1) In Control Cue Properties, if the fade time is scrolled to a minus value, the cue action is replaced by a message- Fade time too long. I can't envisage a use for the minus value?

Good catch. Yes, it should stop at zero. I have fixed this and Fade All Time (in Configuration). They are now limited from 0 to 999.

2) If a Remaining Time or Elapsed Time window is created in View then the timer does not display when the Cue Action is Start Advance it works for other choices.

That's correct. Remember the Elapsed & Remaining windows are for the selected (in the grid) cue. When you use Start Advance, the selection moves away from the cue just started.

3) If you move the Cue Window then the Cue Properties become [modified] I would normally move its window prior to starting the show so as to cover the top toolbar, thus giving an uncluttered screen.

Basically, moving anything triggers the modified flag. I can fine tune this so that some events are excluded. We just need to work out what's a good compromise.

Finally a pat on the back for a fabulous piece of software!

Thank you. This release took a lot of hours.

In cue properties, I cant see any tab titles.

So the tabs are still there, but no text? (Main, Notes, Triggers) What O/S are you using?

Is the Elapsed column meant to increment in 0.2s values? I find it a bit odd. Also, the first time I told it to go it went 0.1, 0.3, 0.5... and the 2nd Went 0.2, 0.4, 0.6...

I changed the update rate to 200ms during testing I think, but will change it back to 100ms. This does generate extra CPU load but it should be ok.

A further request. Please can we have a duplicate Q# column at the right hand side of the Cue window.

I removed it when I implemented the Q column in place of the old 1..n index. I figured that probably nobody used it anyway. I can put it back in the next release!

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David

Two more requests.

1) is it possible to adjust the fade curve, I find that it is effectively out at around 60% of the chosen time which leaves a dead patch on the end of any practical fade.

2) The auto scrolling of the cue window leaves the highlighted cue at the bottom of the window. It would be nice to see 2 or 3 lines below this, to know what is coming next.

Brian

1) is it possible to adjust the fade curve, I find that it is effectively out at around 60% of the chosen time which leaves a dead patch on the end of any practical fade.

Yeah, I'm not really happy with the volume curve at present. That's on the to-do list.

2) The auto scrolling of the cue window leaves the highlighted cue at the bottom of the window. It would be nice to see 2 or 3 lines below this, to know what is coming next.

I'll see what I can do.

Hi David,

I installed version 2.3.0.0 and am playing around with it.

Certainly looks allot nicer then the last time I checked.

I think I'll give it a try in a small theater production I am involved in.

I did notice however what may be a bug...

Even when all music ques are stopped, they continue to play on a very low level.

I need to exit the program and restart it in order to get all tracks to really stop.

Keep up the great work.

N.Webber

Moderation: The mods have had some posts from members concerning this topic, and after talking about it, we're quite content to leave it running in it's present format. It had been suggested that all the topics over the years be merged together, but on looking at the times new one have started up, then progressed, before going quiet, we don't feel at the moment the amount of editing time and 'fudging' is really justified. We do also have a section for software announcements, but in the case of this product, many members have made it clear they wish a two-way process where questions can be aired and solutions and fixes talked about. This would not be appropriate in the announcement section where it is one-way. Simple publishing of new releases is not what is being discussed here.

Our view, at the moment, is that the amount of discussion justifies existence here. We will try, from now on, to merge any accidental new topics that could really be added here - and if anyone spots any new ones, we'd appreciate a report so we can merge them. The old ones will have to stay where they are, and - as one member commented, they are mainly comments on older versions, maybe there is even a case for NOT merging them.

Thanks to everyone who has expressed an opinion, and we do appreciate them.

Paul

Mods

Even when all music ques are stopped, they continue to play on a very low level.

I need to exit the program and restart it in order to get all tracks to really stop.

Was this only with a Playlist cue? If so, it is fixed in 2.3.1.0 which will be released shortly.

How about the ability to change cue properties (such as advance mode, cue number, script reference, description etc) directly from the list, without having to go into "cue properties" ? perhaps with a toggle switch so this isn't done accidentally during the show?

Also, am I missing something, because the "cue controls" box is always greyed out... :s

Congratulations on such a great and useful program though.

Dave

How about the ability to change cue properties (such as advance mode, cue number, script reference, description etc) directly from the list, without having to go into "cue properties" ? perhaps with a toggle switch so this isn't done accidentally during the show?

I have thought of that a few times. I'll look into it again soon.

Also, am I missing something, because the "cue controls" box is always greyed out... :s

The cue controls are only active when the selected cue is playing or paused. Try starting a cue and select it. Then you'll see it "come alive".

Congratulations on such a great and useful program though.

Thank you.

EDIT:

Just uploaded 2.3.2.0 as that pesky bug that left some cues running very low in the background was still in 2.3.1.0 !

QUOTE (LX-Dave @ 10 Apr 2010, 2:43 AM)

The cue controls are only active when the selected cue is playing or paused. Try starting a cue and select it. Then you'll see it "come alive".

Ahh, that makes more sense, thanks :o

Also one other suggestion, how about a "pfl" style option for cues, so that they could be previewed to another audio output, rather than the main playback...? (if this isn't already there)

Dave

Also one other suggestion, how about a "pfl" style option for cues, so that they could be previewed to another audio output, rather than the main playback...? (if this isn't already there)

In Cue Properties, you can preview a cue. It will use the audio card set up in production Properties > Audio Patches > Preview. Is that what you meant?

In Cue Properties, you can preview a cue. It will use the audio card set up in production Properties > Audio Patches > Preview. Is that what you meant?

pretty much that, but directly from within the cue list, so for example, you could highlight a cue, and preview it, e.g, by a separate "go" button, rather than playing it "out loud"; as you would on a mixing desk, with pfl on one channel, while another is playing through FOH...

this could be useful if you want to make changes to a track during a run, or to preview the whole list before the show starts, while tha audience are in (although I guess this could be done with hardware).

how many other people would find this a useful feature?

One more thing... I get this message

http://dbproductions.webs.com/Online-Image-Store/BR%20Pics/MultiPlay_error.jpg

after the program has closed (I'm running it on vista business edition)

Dave

pretty much that, but directly from within the cue list, so for example, you could highlight a cue, and preview it, e.g, by a separate "go" button, rather than playing it "out loud"; as you would on a mixing desk, with pfl on one channel, while another is playing through FOH...

this could be useful if you want to make changes to a track during a run, or to preview the whole list before the show starts, while the audience are in (although I guess this could be done with hardware).

how many other people would find this a useful feature?

I guess it could be done. Maybe see if anyone else chimes in?

An alternative is a button, which when active, routes all audio to the preview output instead of the one designated by the cue? Sounds a bit dangerous in some ways though.

One more thing... I get this message

http://dbproductions.webs.com/Online-Image-Store/BR%20Pics/MultiPlay_error.jpg

after the program has closed (I'm running it on vista business edition)

Was that with the latest version? I'll try it on my Vista laptop and see if I get an error.

David

Version 2.3.2.0 seems pretty stable. It is a shame that you had to revert to the narrow progress bar in the running cue, the full width bar was so nicely eye catching. I seem to have a flicker, only in the description window of the running cue. The flicker is about every one to two seconds, just enough to irritate. The other area that does not seem to work is the toolbar section of the cue window. If you select any of the custom options, Delete-Cue, Copy-Cue etc only a blank in displayed until you hover over the area, then a blank square appears.

There is a huge improvement in the ease of use now that the fade all key advances to the next cue.

Brian

Version 2.3.2.0 seems pretty stable. It is a shame that you had to revert to the narrow progress bar in the running cue, the full width bar was so nicely eye catching. I seem to have a flicker, only in the description window of the running cue. The flicker is about every one to two seconds, just enough to irritate.

I'm still working on the progress bars, so there may be some quirks with them at the moment.

The other area that does not seem to work is the toolbar section of the cue window. If you select any of the custom options, Delete-Cue, Copy-Cue etc only a blank in displayed until you hover over the area, then a blank square appears.

You know, I completely forgot they were even there! There's probably no icons, etc assigned to them. I'll have to check it out. ** laughs out loud **

BTW, version 2.3.3.0 is available for download.

Archived