HK Audio Projector

adamburgess

Yello everyone.

I'm thinking of getting rid of my old Peavey PA rig and buying a powered one.

Getting a bit sick of amp racks and wires.

The HK Projector looks great. Has anyone heard it in action?

Or even the Actor, how do they compare?

It would get used for things like college band nights, functions, clubs and maybe the odd outdoor thing.

TIA

Adam

Paul Need (who has just returned to the site after a brief absence) is a great advocate for powered speakers. He likes the Mackie ones in particular (IIRC) Personally I prefer going for passive boxes as they are often lighter so give me more options for rigging them theatrically.

Personally I have no experience of the HK Projector, the only active boxes I've played with are JBL Eon's and Hill Powercubes. Both did their job but at the expense of extra weight although they both benefited from easy setup (as you say no amps)

James

Personally I have no experience of the HK Projector, the only active boxes I've played with are JBL Eon's and Hill Powercubes. Both did their job but at the expense of extra weight although they both benefited from easy setup (as you say no amps)

James

How did you find the powercubes? I saw some being used as monitors by a company in one of my venues a few weeks ago. They all seemed to be VERY sensitive to interference from mobile phones.

Richard.

They worked for the job I saw them being used for.

the provider used M5's for monitors, and two M7 and two M7S per side FOH, Didn't notice any problems with mobile interference but the provider jumped so fast when one of the guys left his mobile on the top of one of the FOH stacks. I was a bit suprised by their attitude to monitor EQ as well, "Well we know the response of the powercube and the response of a 58 so we always use the same eq curve for our monitors" They were using a 1U 8 way Alesis digital graphic.

Oh and the weight of the M7 boxes is something I don't want to remember that well, They felt exceptionaly heavy for their size.

Is any of that any interest,

James

Archived