Uni's for Sound Engineering

Heyyy

I am currently studying Production arts at Stratford - upon - avon college and am looking to studying sound further at uni. Southampton, Birmingham and Cardiff look good to do a BSc (hons) sound engineering but I wondered if anyone knew anywhere else that looked good? Or any performing arts schools that offer a sound course thats any good?

Thanks

Is the Birmingham course the one at BCU - Sound Engineering & Production?

It depends what you are looking for really, I started the course at BCU when it was a brand new course but after the first year decided it wasn't for me as I wasn't too interested in the studio side or video side!

If you're interested at looking at acoustics, the electronics of sound engineering and the perception of sound, then look at Derby University's Sound, Light and Live Event Technology course (BSc Hons).

However, if you want to slide faders up and down, lift big heavy boxes and make very loud noises all day everyday then look elsewhere (probably an apprenticeship type scheme to be honest).

If you're interested at looking at acoustics, the electronics of sound engineering and the perception of sound, then look at Derby University's Sound, Light and Live Event Technology course (BSc Hons).

Agreed, I'd recomend the SLLET course at Derby.

If you're realy interested in the sound sound of things then I'd recomend it, I'm currently on the course, its very interesting. It's alot more than just learning about pushing up faders on a mixer. To put things simply we're looking at what sound is, how the sound behaves and so on. It's well worth the money.

http://www.derby.ac.uk/sound-light-and-liv...nology-bsc-hons

I'd strongley recomend visiting one of the open days

Its not a university, but have you looked at the School of Sound Recording in Manchester?

http://www.s-s-r.com/

but ssr do degrees. im on the BSc Sound Engineering and Design, its with Bolton Uni but most off the lessons are at ssr...

I have my acceptance onto the BSc Sound Engineering and Design to start in september, really looking forward to it!, know a few others who are on courses there at the moment and they all say the facilities there are excellent and with all the industry partners the job placements and employment possibilities ate fantastic.

Its not a university, but have you looked at the School of Sound Recording in Manchester?

http://www.s-s-r.com/

but ssr do degrees. im on the BSc Sound Engineering and Design, its with Bolton Uni but most off the lessons are at ssr...

I have my acceptance onto the BSc Sound Engineering and Design to start in september, really looking forward to it!, know a few others who are on courses there at the moment and they all say the facilities there are excellent and with all the industry partners the job placements and employment possibilities ate fantastic.

ye mate its not a bad set up @ ssr. ifs its post production or live sound they cover pritty much everything, plus how many places can say they have a Neve console.

Archived