Boundary mics

Ed_N

Thanks for that Paul, they should look a lot less daft than our previous solution!

The idea of having a chorus backstage is a good one but I don't think the director will like me pulling bodies off stage, and the chorus members themselves might get a bit funny about being locked away behind the scenes! We don't have room for a orchestra so I make all the backing tracks from the scores and usually bounce them down to WAV files. Hence there is the possibility to pre-record some of the chorus parts using the strongest vocally. It's cheating a bit but hey!

Hence there is the possibility to pre-record some of the chorus parts using the strongest vocally.  It's cheating a bit but hey!

Not if you declare it in the program its not!!! You dont need big words like pre-recorded, just "Additional vocals...... <names>".

Possibly need to be careful of where the vocals seem to be coming from tho- ie if its a tall venue with speakers in the roof, and you pipe the recorded chorus thru that, but the real chorus is on the ground... might sound a bit odd. so an effects speaker may be needed here, along with a different send off the board.

Archived