Lighting Console Question

adamski1010

I think you need to consider the environment the console will be used in as well. Club / Festival can be harsh places to be, especially if it's outside. The chassis' of consoles are designed to withstand this. Home/Office computer is not, and will need more careful looking after. That said Chamsys is a good option, but maybe go for an all in one solution.

As much as I hate to say it, the new Frog is actualy quite ok if you just need something to be up and running fast and on a budget. It's cheap and do things simply easy. Also many people know of the Frog and help is plentiful.

And maybe check out the GLP Creation. Also cheap and more like a Pearl/GrandMA bastard. Used it a few times, and works great on stunt-jobs aswell as questacking. As long as you don't need to meet rider reqirements, it's whatever works for you that matters.

Should mention I'm a Grand MA man to my teeth, but seems like it's a little over budget here;)

You could always run a GrsndMA onPc (free) on a laptop (shockresistant) with a behringer BCF2000 midi-controller and touch-screen. I use that configuration when I do freelance work for PA companies with Frogs :)

But it is a bit cumbersome, and a desk is way more 'up-and-go'

Good luck with your search:)

Archived