another 520i question!

torch1972

I had a somewhat limited Lighting rig fresnels for general cover, a few profiles for specials and 6 Scrollers on fresnel as side light. Within the production there is a "disco" moment.

I planned to create the "disco" by programming the scrollers to the submasters then pressing the flash button. The problem I have is that I need to use the scrollers in the cues at the same time as I use them in the submasters and when I press the flash button the scrollers move though the colours, I was hoped that when I released the flash button the scrollers would go back to their position in the cue. But they don't, this is because of LTP?

Do I need to change the flash button set up or do I "tag" the scrollers the cue so that when the flash button is released the scrollers go back to the position in the cue?

Cheers

p.s. Yes I have gone though the manual before any asks!

I don't believe there is a way to get a 5x0 to restore attributes back to a level after a submaster is released - they are just LTP in that respect. You would need to have another sub or a cue programmed to put them back where you want them

Why not have your disco chase/colour change section as a cue too, eg:

LX 3 - "normal" state

LX 4 - disco flashing

LX 5 - return to normal state

Its a short scene and there is clear beat that the operater can follow its easer to do manual flashing than programming a chase.

Scrollers are, as you've correctly worked out, LTP. The nature of "Latest Takes Precedence" is, naturally, that the most recent instruction they receive from the desk is what they end up at. The simple way to get them to go back to where they should be in the cue is to either create a copy of the cue immediately after the original in the cue stack, so that you can re-run it on the playback to grab the scrollers back, or program a macro onto one of the P-keys which puts the scrollers "@ COPYFROM CUE xx" (rather than setting them to an absolute value - so that if you update the frames that the scrollers are at in the cue in the future, you won't have to think about updating the macro as well).

You could program a sub for each frame of the scroller. Then by flashing between them you could get a disco effect. When you are the end of your flash sequence simply flash back to the correct frame for the cue? It's dirty and lo-tech and relies on having an operator who is on the ball!

HTH

Andy Jones

I don't believe there is a way to get a 5x0 to restore attributes back to a level after a submaster is released - they are just LTP in that respect. You would need to have another sub or a cue programmed to put them back where you want them

I went with Richard's suggestion, I have programmed a submaster with the cue I am flashing the other submaster over. Which puts the scrollers back to the right colour.

Thanks

Archived