Light Processor Paradim

Chris Adam

hi folks,

anybody got any idea what the curve on the C63 MCBs are on a Paradim(e) touring Qpack rack is? They are made by schrack, but I can't find the right ones in the UK quickly. Spoke to light processor today and they don't use the schrack ones anymore. Only now am I looking at replacing with another manufacturer, but unfortunately, the schrack ones don't have the curve written on them. Would love to have these dimmers for sunday.

While I'm here. Can somebody also explain the different curves? Would be much appreciated.

Cheers in advance for the help.

chris

Could lightprocessor not recommend a suitable replacement part specification?

Hmm, kind of. They now use Techna MCBs, but have none in stock, and would charge a handling fee of over a tenner anyway to get them in for me and send up here. Two words - (can you guess what they are?).

I'd be happy putting MK, Techna or Merlin Geran MCBs in my racks, but I just don't know the curve on the schrack ones and it was too late on a friday before I noticed it's not written anywhere, or even in the paperwork, so can't phone back until monday.

Rather annoying.

what the curve on the C63 MCBs are

Do you mean the disconnection time/fault current thingy? if so aren't c type the same for any manufacture,not quite a type 2 nor 3

No idea. I'll be honest. I thought that too, which is why I'm not a sparky. The choice I have is B,C or D.

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

ah ha, a eureaka moment. I just found a document that describes it perfectly. It'll be a C curve I need.

Looks like this has been answered now but if you have any more questions and need a fast response feel free to email me and I will be happy to help.

Ben

Former light processor/light factor service manager

Looks like this has been answered now but if you have any more questions and need a fast response feel free to email me and I will be happy to help.

Ben

Former light processor/light factor service manager

Thanks Ben, I'll bear that in mind. Our Paradim racks are a few years old now, so I expect the odd issue to pop up.

All help is much appreciated.

Archived