cable belt clips for instrument leads?

zonino

Hi All,

I'm trying to find some sort of clip device that a violinist (me in this case) can click onto their belt or similar so that the cable doesn't drag the instrument down and affect its balance etc. I'd also rather my belt took the brunt of any yank of a cable on stage rather than the fiddle!

any suggestions? I haven't the foggiest of what I'd call this so google isn't really helping!

Just pass a loop under your belt, and pass the end of the cable through the loop? I worked with an folk rock band for years and that was all their guy did.

Otherwise I'd just tape / cable tie / tie it to a carabiner and clip that to your belt?

I've used the method you've described before Tom and it works, BUT - I'm keen to be able to remove it quickly, preferably without unplugging the instrument (I play others so swapping easily is key!)

like the carabiner idea

one thing we have done with in ear headphone cables so im sure would work with this is cable tie a loop in the wire at the desired length and the use a clip to clip it onto the belt loop if you don't under stand what I mean I will take some photos and up load them

Archived