Strand 520i control of unique hazer

torch1972

Originally you said you had it working from a sub, but it wouldn't stop - so I'm assuming you want to be able to raise the fader and haze, and then stop it again. The Unique uses two DMX channels - main address is the pump channel and address +1 is the fan. Low fan and high pump settings give thick haze, low pump and high fan give very fine mist.

So putting both DMX channels into two adjacent subs as if they were lights will do the trick - the select a channel, record as sub thing - nothing unusual.

Originally you said you had it working from a sub, but it wouldn't stop - so I'm assuming you want to be able to raise the fader and haze, and then stop it again. The Unique uses two DMX channels - main address is the pump channel and address +1 is the fan. Low fan and high pump settings give thick haze, low pump and high fan give very fine mist.

So putting both DMX channels into two adjacent subs as if they were lights will do the trick - the select a channel, record as sub thing - nothing unusual.

hi, yeah origionally I did say something different. I havent got it working yet. I have adressed the hazer at 350, so in theoary as I understood it if I selected channels 350 and 351 @100% I would have haze coming out? then I could just record those two channels to 2 subs. is that the right idea or not?!

• 2 weeks later...

You will need to make sure that you have these channels physically patched in on the desk, Simply hit the patch button near the top right of the desk and type in "350+351 @ 350 + 351" You can then return to the live screen and type the numbers in on the keypad, and grab them on the wheel to see if you have control.

If you do, then you can record them to subs as normal, If not check to make sure the hazer is receiving data.

HTH

Andy Jones

Archived