"Lamp Free" projectors

jimbo7744

Hi Guy's,

I have received a brochure from a supplier advertising Casio's new revolutionary mercury-free light source projectors.

They claim up to 20,000 hours of high performance without a lamp.

It seems they have replaced the traditional mercury based lamp with a laser, fluorescent element and LED light source.

Obviously as they are new to the market, life expectancy and reliability are not things anyone on here can probably comment on, however, has anyone had some hands-on experience with these units?

What is the image quality like, are they any good for video projection ( do they have the same problem for some people like the single-chip DLP rainbow effect or any other noticeable blurring or streaking? )

The unit's only seem to be up to 3,000 lumens at the moment, but with minimal maintenance they seem like they might be the future for small, portable desk top projectors and all at only 1.7 inches thick?

And with a trade price that competes on a very good level with mid-ranged desktop projectors have Casio found the solution to expensive lamps and bulky projectors that need to be moved around not only in the office environment, but very portable to take to a presentation now?

So has anyone had a chance to use one yet and what do you think?

http://www.superslimprojector.com/resource/HTML/index.html

http://www.midwich.com/products/details/CASIOXJA155

Jimbo

edit for spelling mistake

we have been suppliers of casio units for a fair few years. they have always made unique products with features like 1.4 _2.8;1 ratios on the lens, which is a much wider rangee than anyone else, they have not been ideal for event use in that the last range only ceiling mounted if you changed the lamp...

we are waiting for our demo unit to arrive and if its even an average projector, the 20k hours life will sell it. We will possibly change our low end hire stock over and if its happy running 24/7 there are a lot of signage applivations out there.

our unit should arrive in the next few days so ill post my findings, but its a unit that has the market excited.

our unit should arrive in the next few days so ill post my findings, but its a unit that has the market excited.

When you do, could you comment on how noisy the unit is. I've got an application where it may well fit in terms of lens/output but which needs to be near silent. If there is no warming up or cooling period, is there even a fan?

Richard

When you do, could you comment on how noisy the unit is. I've got an application where it may well fit in terms of lens/output but which needs to be near silent. If there is no warming up or cooling period, is there even a fan?

Richard

my undrestanding is that the instant on off is due to the light source ie a led and laser dont "warm up" there will still be heat and its fan cooled. As to the fan noise, ill let you know, but casio have delayed shipments to the Uk till mid Feb, so wont know for a while.

If you do need near silent, look at home cinema units, not that bright but compatitlvely quiet, id recomment sanyos units which also have a outrageous amount of lens shift...

if you have a particular application in mind feel free to get in touch as we are a hire / sales co that have a bit of experience in the unusual...

Archived