Clay Paky Alpha Spot 300 HPE controlled from a Pearl

timperrett

I have a show this week on which I am taking some Alpha Spot 300 HPE out on. Its not a big show (corporate awards show nonsense to be honest!), but I was wanting to investigate a new moving light and heard rave reviews on this one and this seemed to be a good opportunity to see what comes out of the end of it and maybe to spec it for other shows if I like it.

The control is coming from a Pearl Tiger, as I said, not a big show so kinda perfect for the job! There are multiple personalities listed, this on, that off etc. Has anyone found the best personality to use and what mode I have to set the fixture to in order for them to communicate effectively?

I am not a novice lampy, just used to the more common Martin Mac ranges and V*L series...so Clay Paky experts, please do shed some light (no pun intended!). I have plenty of time to faff with them on Monday, but would like some tips if there are any to be had.

Cheers

tp

They are great fixtures. I've specced them on a number of jobs.

There are four modes which are a combination of two options:

1) With (vect) or without (stnd) timing channels much like you get on the VL's - PT/Colour/Gobo/Beam. I've never needed them so I go with stnd. Only there to save channels though.

2) With (rain on) or without (rain off) option of continuous rotation in colour wheel attribute. Unusual to have the choice. Presumably you get higher resolution without but I've always left it on without any problems. I'm fairly sure that's the default.

Archived