Using stepper motors and DMX pan and tilt

luebug

I need to get in touch with a person or company that could assist me in the construction of a DMX contolled yoke very similar to those used on moving heads. I need control of pan and tilt, I really just need control of two stepped motors via a lighting desk. Where do I start? Who do I speak to?

I'm sure I saw a product like this that you could mount standard theatre lights in but I can't think where. Perhaps I could use its parts should it exist.

I am not using this for a light.

Any contacts or advice would be amazing,

many thanks,

James

I need to get in touch with a person or company that could assist me in the construction of a DMX contolled yoke very similar to those used on moving heads. I need control of pan and tilt, I really just need control of two stepped motors via a lighting desk. Where do I start? Who do I speak to?

I'm sure I saw a product like this that you could mount standard theatre lights in but I can't think where. Perhaps I could use its parts should it exist.

I am not using this for a light.

Any contacts or advice would be amazing,

many thanks,

James

www.compulite.com

Have a look at the Yokes: Luna and Nova, designed for what you need.

We have a small unit built with a PIC chip that controls a small motor that's used to shutter off Projectors with DMX (to give them a solid black shut-off), if you want to get in touch with some more info I can put you in touch with the guy who built it.

Archived