LED Pars

Brady

firstly, I would like to point out that the only experience I've had in the technical industry is 2 years at an upper school with a zero88 fat frog, and practically slef taught (except basic operation, not incl fixtures or super user, etc). Until our current show, I have only done one other show with fixtures, and trained proffessionals have told me that it was one of the best they have seen in a long time. next, I would like to mention that our current production (Disco Inferno) is the first time I have used LED Par Cans (from yesterday).

with this in mind, I recommend Stairville LED Par64s as they have great colour mixing (white is actually white, 255 on red and green is a really nice yellow, etc) and are simple to use and patch, as well as having stand-alone mode. however, we have been unsuccessful in finding fixture-disks for these or the LED Spectra Battens we are using, so have had to make them from scratch. Thankfully, these have both worked, without any issues.

Hope this helps

I think magicmarty666 is trying to backtrack a little but making it worse.

He runs an electrical installation company - yet hasn't got the hang of how much business really costs!

I bet he'd be rather miffed to have spent a day surveying and costing a job, and then when he put the quote in, they gave his quote to somebody else who just copied his spec and put minimal mark-up on it and pinched the job!

30% difference is quite normal in my experience when quotes come in - but when you look at them you have to pull them apart. It's very common for the major items to be low priced, compared to others - making the quotes look good, but then you notice a rack shelf at £90, a vga monitor at £210, rack bolt sets at £25, IEC mains leads at £12.50 (despite being in the boxes) etc.

Other things are to do with install - how long will it take is an amazingly different part of a quote. Some quote in days, some in man/days - making very different looking quotes.

The other thing is when a quote requires products you can not get at trade price - so you have to buy, mark-up as much as you can dare, and pass it on. what on earth's wrong with that?

One of the most popular items I sell is also the one I make the least on. I live with it because putting them up would mean not selling so many, and repeat business on more expensive ones seems top work.

Making a profit is not immoral - if you can make 50% profit that is good business - and if the client is happy, then everyone wins. As for wholesale companies rejecting your business - I'm not so sure. The mics I referred to come from a wholesaler, the factory will supply me direct at a much, much better price if I buy 1000 - but I don't want 1000.

Archived