Bullfrog & led houselights

stillwave

Hi,

We now have led houselights & whilst it has it's own architectural DMX controller, I would like to be able to control from our lx desk, we only use 1 universe for stage lx so is suitable.

so far I have created a custom fixture for the led houselights as they aren't in the fixtures library they have 3 channels one each for RGB (8 bit) but non overall intensity. based on the way the desk handles fixtures i.e. operates the fixtures intensity channel when on a sub or the grandmaster is used. Is there a way to have a cycle or static state on a sub that fades the houselights out when the fader reaches 0? I understand that on maybe a Leapfrog etc this wouldn't be a problem due to creating a 'virtual intensity' in the fixtures profiles. I also know that it is possible to use a set of cues (cue 1 houselights up, cue 2 houselights out)

Many thanks,

Ben Wainwright

I thought you could use virtual intensities on the Fat/Bull Frog in the latest software.

Yes you can, they added this facility in software version 10.10 (latest version is 10.12 - April '09).

When you create the new fixture add a brightness parameter and tick the 'Virtual Channel' box, then on each of the RGB parameters tick the box 'Scale by Virtual Intensity'.

Excellent, will upgrade the board software... after panto (can't cope with another problem :) ) cant really go with the use generics channels as there are 9 or 10 fixtures which would eat up 30 odd channels which we don't have spare.

thanks all, knew there would be a solution... just keep up to date with the desk software (bangs head against wall!)

regards,

Ben Wainwright

Archived