Looking for amp with remote

TeeJay

Hi,

wondering if anyone has any recommendations for power amps that can drive a pair of JBL Control One's and that has a remote control.

I seem to be finding that only hi-fi amps come with remotes and don't seem to be powerful enough.

Any suggestions

Cheers

TeeJay

What sort of remote? Wired? Wallplate? Wireless? Would it be possible to put a wallplate in with a volume pot, and have balanced audio going to/from the wallplate to the amp?

The amp and speakers are going into part of a public foyer space so they don't want anyone to be able to control it. The amp only needs a single input and output but it does require a wire free remote - whether wireless or infra red.#

Cheers

This Marantz Amp is 200W at 4 ohms, which, IIRC, is not far off for a JBL Control One.

Alternatively, what is the source, could that be controlled remotely?

It would certainly do, though the average £3000 ( :D ) price tag seems a little excessive.

The signal coming in can't be remotely controlled unfortunately (part of the reason why a wire free remote is needed).

I have to say, I though I was having an inept web search moment but maybe there just isn't that much call for amps with wire free remote - someone want to prove me wrong ...?

Archived