Octagonal PAR38

Davyx

Hi,

I'm looking for octagonal PAR38 which can stand directly on the floor and using a PAR38 bulb. They are easy to install and nice to decorate old rooms.

Do they have a special name or do you just call them Octagonal PAR? I found them only on French pages where they are named "boite ambre".

http://www.avls.fr/data/img/location-location-boite-ambre-120-w.jpg

Yes, in the UK they tend to look like the ones above, just known as uplighters, very popular with Marquee companies. The LED version of these from Showtec are ###### hot, though unfortunately do really require a decent controller as they don't slave/master for some silly reason, though if all powered from same source and switched on at the same time they do remain reasonably in sync for a couple of hours on auto colour change setting.

The LED version of these from Showtec are ###### hot, though unfortunately do really require a decent controller as they don't slave/master for some silly reason, though if all powered from same source and switched on at the same time they do remain reasonably in sync for a couple of hours on auto colour change setting
Thats cheap Chinese gear for you! The ones from GDS (link for future reference) are much brighter, user friendly and seemingly (from personal experience..) much more robust. And for not that many more pennies, but we're drifting off-topic now...

I'd have thought highlite international would stock par38 uplighters and I'm sure they ship to Finland, so might be worth giving them a try.

HTH.

T

The LED version of these from Showtec are ###### hot, though unfortunately do really require a decent controller as they don't slave/master for some silly reason, though if all powered from same source and switched on at the same time they do remain reasonably in sync for a couple of hours on auto colour change setting
Thats cheap Chinese gear for you! The ones from GDS (link for future reference) are much brighter, user friendly and seemingly (from personal experience..) much more robust. And for not that many more pennies, but we're drifting off-topic now...

I'd have thought highlite international would stock par38 uplighters and I'm sure they ship to Finland, so might be worth giving them a try.

HTH.

T

I know the LiteWare from GDS, they are very nice, the wireless DMX, the design, the runtime of the battery,... make them very interesting, but it's not what I'm looking for.

I will look on Highlite page.

Archived