Input switcher

Mark M

Hi

Im planning on amplifying a number of electronic drums kits via a powered drum monitor for a display where I would like a user to be able to select which kit goes through the speakers.

I am on a very low budget and if there is nothing available within my price range then I can use a small mixing desk but ideally I want something that is tamper proof and just selects the input to be amplified.

Thanks, Mark

Sorry, should have been more descriptive but Im not 100% on the number of kits. It depends on how many inputs to a degree. Ideally though 6-8, but could manage with 6. They are stereo outs on the kits.

Thanks.

Sorry, should have been more descriptive but Im not 100% on the number of kits. It depends on how many inputs to a degree. Ideally though 6-8, but could manage with 6. They are stereo outs on the kits.

Thanks.

If you want a cheap solution try looking at Hifi bits - what about something like this http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=9328 it will give you 4... connect three of them together?? Or - take apart a mixer with solo buttons and custom hack in nice big switches?

Hope this helps.

Peter

Whats wrong with a 2 pole 6 position rotary switch?

Should be less then £2.00 or so. Just fit it through a hole and put a big knob on the front.

Common all the grounds and use the two halves of the switch for L & R.

It will be unbalanced, but that may not matter.

Regards, Dan.

Edit: The hippy got there first!

I'd probably go with the rotary switch too.

However (sticking with unbalanced solutions) if you need more than 6 kits, you could have a stereo jack socket as the output of each kit, and one stereo plug going to the input of the PA.

Archived