anyone from manchester area? or know about truck parking there

simonwest

Basically, I'm looking for a farm / truck park area that is not overly expensive (think motorway service stations, they are way too expensive for this idea) where by I can park up some trailers and / or tractor units with them....

Attempting to save ££ and be a little more environmentally friendly by finding a place to store some articulated trucks.

If anyone can help please PM me

Many thanks

Simon

I'm not in any specific venue as such, its more for 2010 onwards as an on going business thing.

Basically want to stop having to return trucks and their contents to the south when in the next week and on going weeks that particular content is required in the NW / NE / WALES and Scoland, but with 4/5 days inbetween with that particular content not being required for anything else.

Saves dosh, saves fuel and makes my green points grow (figure of speech)..... but finding somewhere that isn't going to take the Michael in charges...

EG, some farms do it for say 50quid a week in someparts of the UK........ The NW area is more expensive I'm aware but its still cheaper than taking a truck 350miles south just to return back up, plus the train fares associated etc.

Cheers

Simon

Just make sure its safe and secure.

I know of a touring show who had their truck parked in a secure area and was yet broken into taking with them a load of backline, new avo expert amongst other valuable pieces if kit for the show.

Try looking at caravan storage places: they're geared up for secure storage and may well have the space. I suggest this because I know of a farm in Birmingham that's found it more profitable to grow caravans than crops who will store pretty much anything for you, for a pittance. Almost certainly they'd be willing to help if you wanted to use Birmingham instead of Manchester. The only problem I'd foresee is out of hours access: being family run they don't have anyone up over night to let you in at odd hours: I'd talk carefully about that to who ever you propose to use.

What about hire companies in the area who might benefit with a few more ££'s each month for letting it sit in their yard (If it's big enough)

My units sit in an industrial estate which is locked and patrolled at both gates, a local hire company has a unit a few doors down and we let them use our spaces (asuming they are not using us for the work in the first place)

If you ever need a place to park in Scotland, I have indoor & outdoor space for 7 tractor units/trailers. We also have the ability to store kit/set in secure storage.

At a reduced cost ofcourse :)

Ah .. my bad, I presumed you wanted to know about truck parking during the show!

There is a truck park next to the war museum on Salford Quays, whether they'd allow you to park a trailer for a week or so I don't know.

I'll keep my eyes peeled!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello

Just wondering as to whether anyone knows of any secure HGV parking for 7 1/2's and artics in the Manchester area?

Seems to be rather difficult in this area to find good places inside or on the edge of the m60...

Any info I'd appreciate it

Cheers

Simon

Moderation: We've merged this new topic with the old one you started a couple of years ago on broadly the same subject

completely forgot I was repeating myself from two years ago.....

For the record however a lot of places have closed in manchester and as such looking for anyones updated ideas if you have any?

Many thanks!

Si

• 2 weeks later...

Simon,

We uesd to do a few jobs at Jabez Clegg, and usually parked the van outside the Grafton Hotel, which was roughly a couple of hundred metres from The Manchester Museum. When the hotel burned down, we found a strech of road, less than a mile away that would be suitable for a trailer at least. No parking restrictions, and was also a strech of road that the 'recovery' vehicles parked on while waiting for their next job.

We only had a LWB Merc Sprinter, so don't know the implications of a tractor / trailer.

Archived