Mac 250+ and ETC Smartfade ML - Where to get Hold

tom_robbo

I would like to get hold of some old Mac 250+ fixtures, 2 of them, as well as a used ETC Smartfade ML desk. I have some money to spend on them but I don't know the ideal place to get them from or exactly how much I should be looking to spend on them.

Ive looked on sites such as usedlighting.co.uk, gearsourceeurope and AC Lightings bargain stock and found the macs for about £595.00 (ex VAT) each. Is this a too higher price to be paying for them? As I know a lot of hire companies are starting to just throw out their stock these days as the old Mac 250+ has become obselete really in hire purposes.

I've also checked out eBay but they seem to come up near enough to the £595.00 mark and they quite often have faults with them, so I don't see the reason for buying them from there over one of the other sites I've mentioned.

As for the ETC Smartfade ML I can't seem to find a used one anywhere so I don't know really how much I should be looking at spending, I was thinking possibly £800? Or I am too wildly guessing?

If anyone has any tips on where I should look at getting hold of these items as well as how much I should realistically be spending it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

TR

...and found the macs for about £595.00 (ex VAT) each. ...I've also checked out eBay but they seem to come up near enough to the £595.00 mark and they quite often have faults with them...

Anything is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it; if things regularly fetch £595 on eBay then that is what they are worth. Only you know if you think that those are reasonable prices.

As for the ETC Smartfade ML I can't seem to find a used one anywhere so I don't know really how much I should be looking at spending, I was thinking possibly £800? Or I am too wildly guessing?

The Smartfade ML has only been available in the UK for just over 2 years; I suspect you'll struggle to find a second-hand one. And if you can't find one then it doesn't really matter how much money you have.

...and found the macs for about £595.00 (ex VAT) each. ...I've also checked out eBay but they seem to come up near enough to the £595.00 mark and they quite often have faults with them...

Anything is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it; if things regularly fetch £595 on eBay then that is what they are worth. Only you know if you think that those are reasonable prices.

The Smartfade ML has only been available in the UK for just over 2 years; I suspect you'll struggle to find a second-hand one. And if you can't find one then it doesn't really matter how much money you have.

Perhaps something like a Zero88 Jester ML may do instead. £595 seems around the going price for Mac 250+ at the moment. There was a seller on ebay who was listing 250 Kryptons for £1600 each brand new a while back, which would be far superior to a 250+, I will try and find the seller if your interested.

EDIT: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-MARTIN-MAC-250-K...=item2301d968e7

Found it!

Archived