Replacement Diaphragms for TT25-A

bassfreak

Looks like the diaphragm has hit the phase plug and shattered. Could be clipping, too low a crossover point or overexcursion.

Whichever method it was, I'd guess you will want to prevent it happening again when you find out the cost of good HF diaphragms...

Simon

Looks like the diaphragm has hit the phase plug and shattered. Could be clipping, too low a crossover point or overexcursion.

Whichever method it was, I'd guess you will want to prevent it happening again when you find out the cost of good HF diaphragms...

Simon

I'm gonna hazard a guess that it was clipping, we use these in conjunction with the TTs18 and they are crossed over at 110hz, looking about the diaphragms are gonna be about £60 each, maybe the soundman will offer to cough up for them. :)

Hello,

Sorry been pretty busy of late.

The pictures are pretty worrying as I have never seen the TT25-A do that before, I would say think they have either been pushed really hard and even the electronic limiter has had enough or there is something else a miss. Bassfreak, where abouts are you based as I would prefer to have the whole cabs looked at rather than just send out new diaphragms. The other thing is with the newer compression drivers its not just a case of replacing the diaphragm as due to the tolerances being that much tighter you have to work out how many clear plastic shimes will be needed to get the correct spacing, between the diaphragm and the phase bung, or this could happen again(thats what the writing is on the aluminium shoulder of the diaphragm is).

As Mark has said contact audio workshop as they are our UK Authorised service and warranty repair centre, and Mick there is very straight forward and if he finds that something else was to blame then you will not have to pay for the repacements as nearly all TT+ boxes out there should still be within the 3 year warranty period, if he finds that they have just been pushed beyond the limits then obviously there will be a charge.

I can understand your issue though if you have to use these for gigs so either contact Mick or myself (07771 541324) and I can try and help you out. I have demo stock of the TT's and I could always lend you a pair to get you out of trouble.

Let me know either on here or call my mobile directly or call audio workshop.

Regards

Greg

PS. Thanks to the rest of you for passing on the right info and continuing to support RCF...... Cheers guys

Archived