Mackie System Replacement

Full Circle

Hi all

I looking to replace my Mackie set-up and I'm after suggestions.

The back ground facts are as:

Mackie equipment at the moment 1801's x2, 1232's x2, 450's x2

A mate and I used to do a bit of PA hire, mainly local low/mid level stuff IE: DJ's, pub bands etc and the Mackie's were fine in various configs.

Due to work commitments my mate is now unable to help me out anymore, so I've started working with just one Folk/Rock band (State of Undress,check them out they're very good) and a bit of DJing when a bit of extra funds are needed.

So I'm thinking of changing the Mackies to someone higher quality, smaller weight and power wise, as when the band has done larger gigs this year, PA systems are provided at the sites.

I'm keen on the HK Elias but I'm open to suggestions, keep some componants of the Mackie set-up?

I'm looking to sell the Mackie (Made in Italy) speakers for a total of £2500? and add about £1000ish on top for the new system.

Cheers

Ian

I assume the 1232 are for mains and the 450s for monitors?

Can one do better than the Mackies? Yes. A lot better? Probably.

However if one is within the Mackie's power limits, they will get the job done. If they don't, it ain't the speaker's fault.

There's a lot of things you should replace before replacing those speakers. Better mics; better console; better outboard gear. Once that is all sorted, better speakers might be in order.

I assume the 1232 are for mains and the 450s for monitors?

Can one do better than the Mackies? Yes. A lot better? Probably.

However if one is within the Mackie's power limits, they will get the job done. If they don't, it ain't the speaker's fault.

There's a lot of things you should replace before replacing those speakers. Better mics; better console; better outboard gear. Once that is all sorted, better speakers might be in order.

Timmy

The other gear that we are using is better than our PA hense the enquiry IE:GL2400, Beta 58's, 901,4,6's, TC & LA Audio.

Also the 1232's are used as mains stood on top of the 1801's, 450's for mons.

We are not really looking to match the output of the Mackie's, but to get a better sounding system and lighter.

Ian

Archived