MX48 to computer screen

ALPHONS

Hi everybody,

I'm a beginner in light systems so forgive me if my question is not so complicated or very interesting.

In few months, I will have to work on a strand lighting MX48 but I'm not a professional, I'm a volunteer. I know that I will not have a screen with the console.

My question is very simple; I'd like to know if I can use my computer screen to JUST see features and the state of the system. It is possible to connect directly with no more wires, my computer screen to the MX ? It is safe ?

Thank you very much for your help !

Have a nice day.

From what I remember the MX48 outputs it's monitor signal out of a parallel port rather than a standard VGA output. I have an MX48 and a monitor kicking about somewhere, the monitor is not a normal computer monitor though

From what I remember the MX48 outputs it's monitor signal out of a parallel port rather than a standard VGA output. I have an MX48 and a monitor kicking about somewhere, the monitor is not a normal computer monitor though

By coincidence, my church hall has an MX48 and the output from the desk feeds a 486 computer and monitor. Unfortunately, the 486 has recently died. Has anyone got any info on the monitor that connects directly to the port on the desk? I can't find anything on any of the usual sites. Any help gratefully received, I'm sure the OP would also be grateful. :)

Dave

Hello,

There is a piece of software in the strand archive that allows you to use a PC as the terminal display

LINK

HTH

James

e2a I havent used the desk, I was looking it up in the strand archive so I cant comment on whether it will solve your problem.

I've now found that an ANSI terminal monitor is required for direct connection to the serial port. Rare items these days. So a PC running MXterm would appear to be the easiest solution. I know the MX is simple to operate but when novice ops are running the board it does give them a little more confidence if they've got a display in font of them.

Dave

Archived