LED PARs in MagicQ

JackPott

Just programing some chases into MagicQ for some cheap LED PARs that only have RGB params and no overall intensity.

I can set a cue stack containing several colours and the fader acts as an intensity master- great. Whats bugging me is I'm having to write a chase for each colour. Of course what I'd prefer to do is just chase intensity and add the colour in on the fly.

Is that acheivable, am I missing something obvious? Can't imagine I'm the first to encounter this little query.

Perhaps a way to set a 'fake' intensity channel for each fixture?

Any help appricaited :blink:

Hypersound is correct - you just need to patch a dimmer channel and set the head number to be the same as the head number of the LED PAR. One thing to watch for though - this only works if these are the only two fixtures with this head number. As soon as you have a third one then the virtual dimmer stops working.

Matt

After looking again, I found this in the manual. Looks like there are a lot of little gems in MagicQ that one might otherwise miss if you don't read the manual cover to cover.

Added it to my bedtime reading list :)

Archived