ETC iRFR for iPhone

Technician

Hi Jack,

I run the iPhone app with my Ion system and it works fine. I find it very useful on shows where setup time is short. To be able to call up channels, move encoders and access the colour picker away from the desk is really handy. I personally think it is worth the money (the money goes to a good cause anyway).

As far as I know the app is only supported on the iPhone

You can find out more information about the app here- http://www.etcconnect.com/Community/wikis/...umentation.aspx

HTH

Tim

we are using the irfr at our theatre, and its been the best buy this year, great functions and excellent value, the only drawback we have noticed is that the battery on the ipod touch does not last to long when using the wireless conection to the desk. Oh and buy a wrist strap for it, cause they dont bounce!

• 1 year later...

I know this is a bit of necromancy, is it me or has the price spiralled I am SURE the app once was less than £5. It's now A LOT more. Last time I checked it was $50

Yeah it's always been that price, not really that bad when you think about the price of the actual remote, and it all goes to charity too.

Great little app. A bit expensive but it all goes to charity and you can claim it against the tax man.

I use it all the time. We have a Net3 Radio remote but it isn't up too much.

It is my understanding that ETC are currently in the testing stages for an Android version but I've heard nothing about

a Blackberry.

Cheers,

Andrew

we are using the irfr at our theatre, and its been the best buy this year, great functions and excellent value, the only drawback we have noticed is that the battery on the ipod touch does not last to long when using the wireless conection to the desk. Oh and buy a wrist strap for it, cause they dont bounce!

You an get external battery holsters for the iTouch for example:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mophie-Juice-Pack-iPod-Touch/dp/B004TU1SX0/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1309902131&sr=8-5

which extend the battery life somewhat. Also provides some protection if you drop the the thing.

I use it on my personal iPhone and it works great, particularly if I'm not near the riggers remote. I agree with medina that battery life shortens considerably when it's active but it's worth it for the convenience of having a remote to hand at any time.

I'm not sure I'd trust it to run a show on as whenever my iPhone goes to sleep it seems to defer back to the regular wireless network in the theatre rather than the desk's own when I turn the phone on again (I have a Congo Jnr). I'll try it in rehearsals one of these days though.

I work at a university theatre and it's a shame that a couple of the more technically minded students can't afford the £30.00 for it (I joke with them that they can buy 60 pints in the student-union bar for that much money) but it's for a great cause - thank you ETC!!

Harry

• 3 weeks later...

Archived