Clothing tags for automating MAC250 Krypton

wirralmatt

Hi!

I've been told that there is a radio-based tagging system which can work with moving lights to automatically pan and tilt to follow someone on stage when the tags are on their costume. It was mentioned in relation to the flawless lighting of the dancers on strictly come dancing. Does anyone know what the system is called? Where I can find out more? Who makes it? I've typed lots of things into Google but I don't really know where to start.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

Matt

The follow spots on Strictly are manually operated, not radio/pan/tilt based, so quite why that is relevant to a radio system, I'm not sure!

Whichever way: Try a google search in the blue room for "automatic follow spot"...

I thought Martin made something too, but I can't find it if they do/did.

Martin Trackpod not a radio system but a tracking tripod to enable one operator to control several moving lights as followspots. Don't think it ever really took off, can't remember ever seeing one in use.

From my experience of radio followspot systems, nothing beats having an experienced human being operating a spot.

the martin trackpod system has been used on several bbc productions particularly for backlight ( ie truss) spots where there was not room for human operators. Not sure if it is still in use though - last time I spoke to the guys at the company supplying the system they were having trouble sourcing spares for the system. I have seen it work well though.

the martin trackpod system has been used on several bbc productions particularly for backlight ( ie truss) spots where there was not room for human operators. Not sure if it is still in use though - last time I spoke to the guys at the company supplying the system they were having trouble sourcing spares for the system. I have seen it work well though.

On most of the BBC shows they were on they were controlling Cyberlights but they are rarely used now and almost all the spots are done by hand.

Cast Soft (The guys that make WYSIWYG) were demonstrating a similar product at PLASA in September. I can't find any more information on their website but maybe someone else may know a little bit more?

Frazer

Archived