DPA 4067F Mic issues

meyerm3d

Hi all

Im having numerous issues with DPA 4067F microphones. I use them in conjunction with the Shure U1L Body packs (Lemo Connections)

The DPA's come with micro dot ends and I use the DPA Micro Dot - Lemo converters.

The issues that I have are after about 2 months use (The mics and packs are used approx 4 days a week) I find the mics start to pop and crackle and I have traced it to the DPA microdot ends. Once they start to make noise I have to order more on behalf of the company I work for and they are rendered useless.

I always take precautions with the connectors making sure the micro dot to DPA adapter is taped to secure it and the conector is secure to the shure packs.

Has any one in the industry had similar issues with These mics or similar DPA mics ?

would be very interesting to know, as I'm getting through about 4 DPA's every 2 months.

Regards

MeyerM3d

The cable has always been the weak point with the DPA mics - being a lot finer than others. They really need to address this to improve the reliability. However, the problems I am aware of have tended to be with the connection at the headband rather than the pack. Perhaps the way the pack is mounted / how the performer is moving is having an adverse effect on the connection and needs to be investigated further.

Steve

Companies such as Orbital Sound based in Brixton should be able to reterminate the microdot for you, I've tended to have all brand new DPA's terminated to Lemo anyway after having issues with the microdot. Failing that Sound Network who are distributors for the UK will be able to tell you other people who will be able to help.

Regards

Matt

Hi all

Im having numerous issues with DPA 4067F microphones. I use them in conjunction with the Shure U1L Body packs (Lemo Connections)

The DPA's come with micro dot ends and I use the DPA Micro Dot - Lemo converters.

The issues that I have are after about 2 months use (The mics and packs are used approx 4 days a week) I find the mics start to pop and crackle and I have traced it to the DPA microdot ends. Once they start to make noise I have to order more on behalf of the company I work for and they are rendered useless.

I always take precautions with the connectors making sure the micro dot to DPA adapter is taped to secure it and the conector is secure to the shure packs.

Has any one in the industry had similar issues with These mics or similar DPA mics ?

would be very interesting to know, as I'm getting through about 4 DPA's every 2 months.

Regards

MeyerM3d

Thanks for the advice, I think I'll go down the reterminating the adapter route. The only thing is that I will need to do it myself as I'm on a ship and sending them off to a company such as orbital is in practical for us.

What adapters do I need and when I get them wat is the pin configuration for the DPA.

Archived