Double Cab LWB van???

giulesc

I need a LWB panel van with additional seats for an upcoming theatre tour. It seems to be impossible to find one from the usual hire companies. Basically I need to seat 4 people and have a relatively light but bulky set.

Can anyone out there help?

We've had a few tours come through that used ex-police transits. They had four extra seats in the back, along with the cage that used to hold prisoners. The vans are more use to small bands with a bit of backline, but they might be worth a look depending on much set you need to carry.

The splitter vans I have used tend to have a larger area for people (8-12 seats) and a relatively small area for gear, which might not be much use for your "bulky set".

I presume you are in the south, which means that my recommendation of County Van Rental in Stockport, Oldham, Chester and elsewhere in the Northwest will not be much use. They have a number of six seat (2 rows of 3) panel vans including a Transit Luton with a tail lift.

There may be an independent van hire company in your area with something similar.

I know it's probably not much use - However I own an 18t Scania with more than enough space for huge sets. Sleeps 2/3 and seats 3.

We usually cheaper than hiring a splitter. If passengers are a problem, hire a car/mini-bus to follow behind.

Just a suggestion for you. Again not sure if it's much use.

Archived