Speaker Wall Brackets

soundiesam

Hey all,

Ive been looking around on the internet and havent be able to find anything that fits my description so I thought I would ask on here. I am lookin for a set of speaker wall brackets for an install, the venue I am installing in cannot have brackets permanently installed but we need to wall hang the speakers. I was just wondering if anybody knows of a set of wall brackets that you can remove the actual bracket from the wall fixing so that you dont have the bracket there most of the time just when your using the speakers?

I have looking at lots of different sites and havent been able to find one that fit this bill

thanks

sam

You could get the original bracket for the speaker and modify them so that they have "keyed" bolt holes. (ie, the ones where there is a bigger hole leading into a smaller hole) That way you could just "slot" the brackets and speakers onto the fixings whenever needed. I'd also put a safety line in there too as there'd be more potential for them to be lifted / bumped off if at a low level.

I'm guessing it's an aesthetics thing?

You'd have to check that doing this wouldn't compromise the integrity of the bracket, but if they are a good steel bracket, I wouldn't have thought so.

You just need to have a plate made up, the max distance from the wall you can have, with holes in it that line up with that of that of the wall bracket, then fasten the bracket on when needed.

Of course, you'll have to use suitable rated components for this, you could even put some form of soft material around the permanent bracket if you wish, though it wouldn't be sticking out too far.

Wing nuts would be fine for the fastening, you would require a secondary coupling but this could be an eyelet bolted into the wall higher up.

basically we are concerned about people hitting there heads it can probably stick out no more than 10cm!

Use the pivoted ones that swing back against the wall, they stick out no more than 50mm.

Several of the usual wall brackets, eg those with a swing-arm, are held by a single bolt & nylok nut. When you withdraw this bolt, the whole swingarm and tophat bracket comes away leaving just a bracket on the wall that only protrudes an inch or so.

This one for example

click

If you were fixing to the wall using expanding wall bolts you could simply remove the nuts and bracket, leaving 4 short bolts protruding from the wall, these could be covered with plastic bolt covers (similar to the ones you get for scaff clamps).

Use wingnuts instead of normal nuts and you could probably have the bracket off in less than a minute.

[edit]

Edited to add that some experimentation may be needed to ensure the expanding bolt does not work loose without tension applied to it. Though, that could probably be remedied by simply tensioning it up to a penny washer after removing the bracket.

Archived