Water(Fountains)

Andy!

If any of you saw Bombay Dreams UK, You would know that they had a pond which emptyed and titled and fired out water in fountains etc... well I was wondering is there away I can try and create the same effect but smaller and lower budget.

Thanks

The water design of bombay dreams ws the subject of a L&SI article. Lots of checking for adverse bio-organisms, and for adverse temperatures where water meets artistes.

Think they used a holding tank with water heated to over 70degC then mixed that with mains cold water to about 50degC to cascade cooling to meet the artistes at 35 or so C.

interestingly enough, although I wasn't part of this experiment, you can dim a water fountain between 25% and 50% with some interesting results!... like I said I wasn't part of the experiment but I got pretty wet whilst watching, sporadic fountainage looks quite good!

See your local garden cantre. All TV garden shows have a water feature! Use a swimming pool water test kit to keep the water about 2 - 5 ppm free chlorine and about 7.2 - 7.6 pH for hygene and stability and reduced corrosion.

Archived