Which media server software?

Oldskool!

Hi! Need to put together a last minute show where the budget does not extend to hiring a media server, will need to run it from my macbook pro! Have managed to get the video clips I need, which are quicktime clips. Which ( easy to learn in a hurry) software should I use. Don't need anything fancy just needs to be simple and work! freeware would be good! The system is martin lc screen! Does this mean will need something with inbuilt pixelmapping?

cheers!

LC takes input on DVI (If I remember rightly), so no you shouldn't need pixelmapping software.

Then, provided you don't need to edit the clips in any way, just use VLC media player to playout onto a second monitor, disable any OSD functions it may have and you're away!

Any use?

Hi,

I work in a performing arts college with lots of theatres. We use Q-Lab, which we find great. and mac compatible. You can rent a 'Q-Lab video' licence for $3 a day. Great for a one off. Really easy to set up and run.

Terry.

Archived