PA. Set up

MIKE900

The other concern with them is the 12 most prominent frequencies. If you need to take out 12 parametric frequencies to get a wedge loud enough, give up. There is nothing left, what you have is a mess, that's still not loud enough.

Disagree a touch with the above. If you are taking out the 12 frequencies through an EQ yes the sound will end up useless. However most decent feedback destroyers will have 1/60th octaves, so even if the 12 notches were side by side (bloomin unlikely!) the sound might still work.

I am sure in an ideal world the Mike would be playing world tours with full support!

Is your singer right infront of the drum kit ? Also are you quite a loud band backline wise ? Prehaps looking into these may help.

I often find that despite using the null factor on monitors your ears are on the side of your head so place that horn as direct to the ears hole helps and in theory you shouldnt have to drive it as hard in comparasion to having it directly on.

cheers for that. So one of our guitarists has a couple of larger monitors and amp, so we are going to try that and see if separating monitor supply helps. We have considered putting bit of guitar / bass through PA so as to lower on stage vol, is our PA going to cope with the demand?? I suspect majority will be going through our tops which are not really so powerful (300W) ??

I agree with the limited issues with very narrow filters. However I'm talking about fully parametric it is more the sheer number of them that concerns me. 12 frequencies is a lot. As you can generally work with close frequencies easier by widening a current attenuation to minimise phase issues.

I agree with the limited issues with very narrow filters. However I'm talking about fully parametric it is more the sheer number of them that concerns me. 12 frequencies is a lot. As you can generally work with close frequencies easier by widening a current attenuation to minimise phase issues.
cheers for that. So one of our guitarists has a couple of larger monitors and amp, so we are going to try that and see if separating monitor supply helps. We have considered putting bit of guitar / bass through PA so as to lower on stage vol, is our PA going to cope with the demand?? I suspect majority will be going through our tops which are not really so powerful (300W) ??

I would suggest buying the ultragraph pro by behringer it has built in feedback detection and it lights up telling you which frequencies are causing feedback. As a bonus it only costs about £65. I know behringer aren't always best for quality however I have been using one at a venue in Camden and it has done the trick for me.

What we're saying is that feedback suppressing kit has a major flaw, you have to let it feedback first. Ok in soundcheck, but NOT in performance - what Rob said. Laughed at a gig once when one of these on the guitar amp decided that the Gary Moore-esque held note was feedback, and it promptly notched it out!

Archived