Robe customer service

KevinE

personally am still waiting to for a quote on a double flightcase for my 250ATs. did remind them, and they rang up, took my email address etc again, and said they'd get it to me immediately. still waiting!

Still would recommend them tho, Robe are awesome! ** laughs out loud **

Can I add that my post was prompted by 'after-sales service' not the supply of new equipment. Any dealer or manufacturer will generally be all sweetness-and-light if they think a worthwhile sale is in it. It's the quality of support some years after you've had the equipment that sorts the sheep from the goats..some manufacturers care, some don't.

Well I will give them credit for a very speedy delivery! Bought from a different website, who ordered though them, and it came mighty quickly! (Granted it went to the wrong house... but hey!)

And also, I asked them for a quote for a new sidearm (mine got damaged when some people decided to play rostra dominoes onto them...) and I got a reply about that quite quickly!

Edit: thanks for the info about AC btw, found a case cheaper than that somewhere else, altho not sure about its reputation though!

Also, cant believe their mark-up on the 250ATs on there! nearly a grand more than I paid!

Edit: thanks for the info about AC btw, found a case cheaper than that somewhere else, altho not sure about its reputation though!

Also, cant believe their mark-up on the 250ATs on there! nearly a grand more than I paid!

Funny thing is AC are a trade distributor. So they buy from Robe at a price that would make you feint, then sell it to you with a margin in there that they are happy with. If you rang from a school as a teacher (i.e. not in the trade), and asked for the 250's then you'd be charged the list price.

Now the idea in the trade is that if a school rang you and asked for a pair of 250's, you'd buy them at trade, and sell them at lists. Client gets kit, you make money, AC make money and Robe make money. Simples.

And depending on how much you spend/how well you know your rep at AC, will make your price better. In fact if you know the right people you might not even need to talk to AC. Same applies to flight cases.

If it's really a problem just go to AC Lighting (who supplied the flightcases for my 250ATs), they had them ready very quickly and sent them to a venue for me (the Robes were already at the first venue on a tour)

I use "honest Grant Smith" at AC, have done for years spent loads of other peoples dosh and mine with them. Tech support and backup is second to none

Archived