Mac 550

trtec

Hello all,

Can you help, I have a Mac 550 which dose not strike, I have changed the starter,Ballest and lamp base and motherboard (which I don't think I needed to do). The fixture dose it's start up reset and dose not appear with any errors. Once I try and strike the Lamp the lamp attemps to strike but the blows and LEER flashes up.....

any ideas?

Thank you.

Magnetic ballast; is the tapping correct? What is your local voltage metering out at?

550's have electronic ballasts as standard so tapping won't be the issue.

Could be a number of things in the lamp circuit. Check the lamp relay, wiring loom, ignitor and as has been stated already of course the lamp itself!

I have changed the starter,Ballest and lamp base and motherboard (which I don't think I needed to do).

Whoops, sorry missed this in your first post, that'll teach me to scan threads rather than reading them properly! Well as Kevin rightly says that only really leaves the wiring loom, unles by blow you mean something actually 'blows' when you strike the lamp.

Hello all,

Can you help, I have a Mac 550 which dose not strike, I have changed the starter,Ballest and lamp base and motherboard (which I don't think I needed to do). The fixture dose it's start up reset and dose not appear with any errors. Once I try and strike the Lamp the lamp attemps to strike but the blows and LEER flashes up.....

any ideas?

Thank you.

no offense buddy, but if someone asks for clarification, quoting you original post doesn't cut it...

Besides the way you wrote that something called the "blows" flashes up... "blows" is not a part of a Mac as far as I know.

Check your wiring, if you replaced the starter and so on, you could have misswired it, thus causing a short.

Archived